We’re currently seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our innovative team in Utrecht and play an integral role in changing the face of our industry. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We also believe our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide a fun, inspiring and supportive work environment.
This is primarily a transactional role mainly focussing on the Purchase Ledger, with the opportunity to be involved in a much wider range of tasks as the team’s requirements expand in line with business growth. The role will also require reconciling high volumes of data in a dynamic, challenging and fun environment. The duties for this role also include but are not limited to:
- Receiving delivery documentation and verification of invoices.
- Coding of invoices and entering into the accounting system.
- Collecting and reconciling bank and credit card statements and expense claims.
- Addressing internal & external invoice queries.
- Completion of BTW returns and EC Sales lists.
- Filing and archiving of financial documentation.
- Identify where processes and procedures can be introduced and/or developed.
- Helping to introduce invoice scanning system and other continuous improvements.
The ideal candidate to join our team should have:
- A proven track record in Accounts.
- Accounting system experience (QAD/ERP would be advantageous)
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Confident working in a fast paced environment.
- Pro-active approach, with strong time management skills
- Strong admin and IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Have a flexible working attitude and be someone who is willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team work.
- A relevant accounts qualification or willingness to study.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Dutch is an advantage but not required.
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Scanning system experience
What we offer
In addition to a varied and interesting role, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team with excellent career prospects. We are also offering:
- A very competitive salary
- 37 days holiday per year (pro rata) + 5 optional purchase days
- A healthy work life balance with flexible hours – 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 7AM-7PM Monday to Friday
- Informal dress code
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
- A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover we have a work hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to email@example.com stating that you are applying for the position of Accounts Payable Assistant. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Keywords: Accounts Payable / Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant / Accounts Administrator / Trainee Accountant / Finance Officer / Excel / English / Utrecht / Ede / Arnhem / Eindhoven / Rotterdam / Leiden / Hilversum / Amstelveen / Amsterdam / QAD / Financieel Medewerker / Financieel Administrateur / Crediteurenadministratie /
Agencies: Please note ViCentra is committed to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do however work with an approved list of preferred suppliers but in line with our Preferred Supplier List we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and a position has formally been placed with the agency by a member of the HR team. We do not pay fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to ViCentra or ViCentra employees. Where this is not observed ViCentra reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.