“We exist to create innovative products that give people more time to enjoy life. We do things differently, but only when that difference is meaningful. Our goal is to be a company people know they can rely on, a friend that’s on their side.”
The ViCentra group is an innovative group of medical device companies based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, comprising ViCentra B.V. and ViCentra Manufacturing B.V. ViCentra B.V. is the home of Kaleido, the smallest and lightest insulin pump system available; designed to help people with diabetes live life on their own terms.
We’re currently seeking a Design Quality Assurance Engineer to join our talented ViCentra family in Utrecht, The Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a varied, interesting role and work within a dynamic, innovative culture; rapidly challenging and broadening your skills and developing your career.
You will be responsible for design control to endure ViCentra products meet regulatory requirements. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact within a small, motivated team with duties including:
- Develop and implement effective Design Control Systems including design history documentation, reviewing and approving design documentation, reports and processes to ensure compliance with required standards
- Use your knowledge of product design, materials, manufacturing processes and quality standards to be the technical expert on quality matters related to product development and product support
- Communicate development regulations, deliver design control training and pro-actively resolve issues to optimise product development
- Support risk management, tracking and monitoring progress and escalating business risks where appropriate
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with the approved Quality Processes
- Working autonomously, at times, structuring your own deliverables
The ideal candidate to join our team should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Combined medical device design engineering and quality experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the manufacture of small parts and injection moulding desirable
- A high level of self-motivation and drive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch language is not required
What we offer
In addition to working on a ground breaking new product, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team with excellent career prospects. We’re also offering:
- A very competitive salary
- Competitive relocation package and assistance if applicable
- Assistance for 30% ruling application if applicable
- 37 days holiday per year (pro rata)
- Full time (40 hours per week) 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
- Informal dress code
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Recently voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover, we have a word hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to email@example.com stating that you are applying for the position of Design Quality Assurance Engineer. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Agencies: Please note ViCentra is committed to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do however work with an approved list of preferred suppliers but in line with our Preferred Supplier List we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and a position has formally been placed with the agency by a member of the HR team. We do not pay fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to ViCentra or ViCentra employees. Where this is not observed ViCentra reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.