We exist to create innovative products that give people more time to enjoy life. We do things differently, but only when that difference is meaningful. Our goal is to be a company people know they can rely on, a friend that’s on their side.”
The ViCentra group is an innovative group of medical device companies with headquarters in Utrecht, the Netherlands. ViCentra is the home of Kaleido, the smallest and lightest insulin pump system available; designed to help people with diabetes live life on their own terms.
We’re currently seeking a Head of Accounting to join our talented ViCentra family in Utrecht. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We also believe our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide an inspiring and supportive work environment.
Key purpose of the role is to establish world-class finance operations in a rapidly scaling organisation with global ambitions. To build a robust and proactive accounting organisation that can play an important role in steering the operational business processes and help to achieve the ambitious growth agenda. Principal responsibility is to lead all aspects of financial reporting, build upon and improve internal financial processes, systems and controls to ensure accurate and appropriate reporting at all times in order to maintain a sound financial basis.
Key responsibilities are:
- Managing and coordinating the company’s financial reporting function across sub-functions such as accounting, audit, consolidation (different currencies), ERP management, taxes, inventory/production, fixed assets and international payroll.
- Ensure compliance of the organisation’s practices with applicable legislation and tax authorities: steers periodic closing process, consolidation of several legal entities in multiple jurisdictions and all external filings including statutory reporting, KvK, CBS, etc. Is the primary contact for the auditor and leads preparation of all audits requirements including position papers.
- Strongly contributes to the management reporting cycle with the goal to gain insight in the performance in close cooperation with the Head of Business Control
- Strongly involved in the implementation of international billing and collection processes
- Responsible for income tax in the different countries, VAT (Europe), inter-company tax agreements and transfer pricing.
- Ensures that the financial and administrative internal control policies are appropriate, accurate and up-to-date, well documented, consistently applied in the organisation and in conformity with applicable accounting standards.
- Promotes strong cooperation in the Accounting Team and fosters accountability and individual development.
- Organisation: the head of Accounting will report directly to the CFO and will work closely together with Head of Business Control and the different business teams. The team currently consists of 6 FTE. The different team members focus on a.o. payroll, accounts payable, inventory accounting and the day-to-day accounting.
The ideal candidate will have:
Qualifications & Experience
- MSc/MSa in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy.
- Accounting/Controlling qualification (preferably RA or RC/CPA/CA)
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch GAAP/IFRS reporting, consolidation, income taxes/VAT and and inter-company agreements.
- Solid financial experience, preferably with an international audit practice within a BIG 4 firm and/or experience in a multinational environment.
- Experience and effectiveness in working, reporting and communicating in an international and multicultural environment, operating in multiple countries and time zones.
- Strong exposure to ERP systems, for example leading implementation of financial modules and ERP internal controls.
- Exposure to payroll in different countries.
- A proven track record in motivating and managing a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and is confident to liaise with key business stakeholders.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- High level of integrity with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientation.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence through persuasion rather than the use of position power.Ability to operate effectively and with a high degree of independence in a rapidly changing environment.
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- QAD ERP systems experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- 37 days holiday per year (pro rata) + 5 optional purchase days
- Training opportunities
- Open and dynamic working environment
- Flexible hours – 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 7AM-7PM Monday to Friday (although we expect this person to work the hours needed to fulfill the role)
- Contribution towards commuting costs
- Informal dress code (remaining situation appropriate)
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to email@example.com stating that you are applying for the position of Head of Accounting. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 871.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.