Due to growth we’re seeking an Industrial Engineer to join our innovative team in Utrecht and play an integral role in changing the face of our industry. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We also believe our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide a fun, inspiring and supportive work environment.
You will take a leading role in our manufacturing operations team to analyse and create lean manufacturing strategies and deliver lean transformations in support of rapid manufacturing growth.
- Analyse and implement lean process improvements to reduce cost and improve efficiencies working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Build analysis models to support improvement strategies.
- Conduct cycle time and method analysis
- Create and communicate scenario reports as required / requested
- Maintain cost control and accountability creating financial analysis for production equipment, process, headcount and space utilization
- Providing evaluations of process change impacts
- Create/ revise manufacturing plans/ work instructions process specifications and procedures
- Procuring and qualifying equipment
- Communicate recommendations with development and quality staff
The ideal candidate to join our team
To be successful in this role you will be a results orientated Industrial Engineer with strong strategic, analytical and project management skills. With the ability to thrive in a busy environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (Industrial / Automation / Mechanical / Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering)
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Belt with demonstrable experience in designing and implementing Lean Manufacturing transformations
- Demonstrable relevant engineering experience within the medical devices industry
- Proficient with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools with the ability to implement
- Expert in MS Office
- Financially savvy with the ability to translate analysis into viable process improvements
- Pragmatic, pro-active and entrepreneurial with the ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record of delivering improvement projects
- Proven ability to work to time and cost targets
- Good communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English – Dutch is not required for this role
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Experience in a Start-Up/ early stage commercial company
- Flexible cell manufacturing implementations
What we offer
In addition to working on a ground breaking new product, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team; all ideas are welcomed and great work is rewarded. We’re also offering:
- A very competitive salary + an additional 8% holiday pay (paid annually)
- Competitive relocation package and assistance
- Assistance for 30% ruling application if applicable
- 25 days’ holiday per year (pro rata) + up to 13 ADV (time for time) days per year + 8 optional purchase days
- Defined benefit pension
- Full time (40 hours per week) 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Contribution towards commuting costs
- A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
- Informal dress code
- Meaningful work with the opportunity to make a difference
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Recently voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover, we have a word hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you are applying for the position of Industrial Engineer. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Agencies: Please note ViCentra is committed to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do however work with an approved list of preferred suppliers but in line with our Preferred Supplier List we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and a position has formally been placed with the agency by a member of the HR team. We do not pay fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to ViCentra or ViCentra employees. Where this is not observed ViCentra reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.