“We exist to create innovative products that give people more time to enjoy life. We do things differently, but only when that difference is meaningful. Our goal is to be a company people know they can rely on, a friend that’s on their side.”
The ViCentra group is an innovative group of medical device companies with its Headquarters in Utrecht, The Netherlands. ViCentra B.V. is the home of Kaleido, the smallest and lightest insulin pump system available; designed to help people with diabetes live life on their own terms.
We’re currently seeking a Payroll Coordinator/ Accounts Assistant to join our talented ViCentra family in Utrecht, The Netherlands. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We also believe our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide a fun, inspiring and supportive work environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a varied, interesting role and work within a dynamic, innovative culture; rapidly challenging and broadening your skills and developing your career.
You will be responsible for coordinating the company’s monthly payroll and assisting the Accounts Payable team. The diverse responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the ViCentra Group’s monthly payroll in collaboration with HR, end-to-end processes and policies for employees in The Netherlands, for internal customers and ensure compliance with legal and company requirements.
- Co-ordinate outsourced payroll in the Netherlands and UK (and additional territories as we expand our operations) and if applicable manage a split payroll between countries.
- Collate and check all payroll information and adjustments (including from our time registration system Dyflexis and payroll information received from HR).
- Enter data into the payroll system (new hires, employee changes, benefits in kind, additional payments and voluntary deductions in the payroll system).
- Resolve payroll queries and administer the Cafeteria Scheme and advice on the WKR.
- Process checks such as terminations and discrepancies.
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay and any required adjustment to normal pay.
- Calculating and processing statutory declarations.
- Updating payroll policies and processes to support HRM, Company policies and legislative requirements.
- Supporting HR with employee tax/ compensation queries.
- Support bank and credit card reconciliations
- Support expense claims processing
- Support addressing internal & external invoice queries
- Support processing of invoice processing including coding, entering onto the accounting system and filing
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal and Company policies and procedures
- Working independently, prioritising work with minimal supervision
The ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, you are a team player who is able to build relationships with colleagues in other departments and answer payroll queries in an easy to understand way. With an eye for detail you enjoy working methodically to get things done thoroughly and within deadlines.
- A Practical Diploma Payroll in Administration (PDL Praktijkdiploma Loonadministratie) / equivalent
- Demonstrable, professional experience within Accounts Payable and payroll
- Experience of the Nmbrs Payroll system or equivalent
- Medium / Advanced Microsoft Excel User
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Pro-active approach, with strong time management skills
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Plans effectively and works well in a team or individually
- Solution focussed with a high level of self-motivation, drive and tenacity
- Able to communicate effectively with good listening skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Have a flexible working attitude and be someone who is willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team work.
- Keen to learn and contribute to process improvement
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- QAD/ERP systems experience
- Payroll experience of the Metal & Engineering Collective Labour Agreement (CAO Metaal en Techniek) including the applicable pension scheme of PMT
What we offer
In addition to a varied and interesting role, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team with excellent career prospects. We are also offering:
- A competitive salary
- 37 days holiday per year (pro rata) + 5 optional purchase days
- Trainings to keep your knowledge up-to-date
- A healthy work life balance with flexible hours – 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 7AM-7PM Monday to Friday
- Contribution towards commuting costs
- Informal dress code
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
- A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover, we have a work hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you are applying for the position of Payroll Coordinator/ Accounts Assistant. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Agencies: Please note ViCentra is committed to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do however work with an approved list of preferred suppliers but in line with our Preferred Supplier List we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and a position has formally been placed with the agency by a member of the HR team. We do not pay fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to ViCentra or ViCentra employees. Where this is not observed ViCentra reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.