“We exist to create innovative products that give people more time to enjoy life. We do things differently, but only when that difference is meaningful. Our goal is to be a company people know they can rely on, a friend that’s on their side. These are things we’re not just promising.”
The ViCentra group is an innovative group of medical device companies based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, comprising ViCentra B.V. and ViCentra Manufacturing B.V. ViCentra Manufacturing is responsible for manufacturing ViCentra medical devices and is currently producing a ground breaking product for the management of diabetes. Kaleido, the smallest and lightest insulin pump system currently available is designed to help people with diabetes live life on their own terms.
We’re seeking a Production Supervisor to join our innovative team in Utrecht and play an integral role in changing the face of our industry. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We also believe our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide a fun, inspiring and supportive work environment.
Managing, motivating and developing your production team and assembling electro-mechanical medical devices. The diverse responsibilities for this role include:
- Effective organisation of the manufacturing workload to maximise the production output.
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the Electronic Production team to ensure the smooth running of the production process.
- Inspect conditions of equipment.
- Provide feedback to improve production quality.
- Presenting results to senior/other staff when required.
- Checking stock of equipment necessary for production.
- Creating and maintaining work instructions for approval by quality;
- Undertaking periodic checks on Operators production output to ensure compliance with work instructions/product specifications/production targets.
- Assist with product production as and when required: soldering, testing and electronic assembly of very small parts in accordance with Work Instructions and SOP’s to produce final products.
- Liaising with production, engineering and technical staff.
- Writing and/or reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications.
- Keeping current with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Maintenance of Electronics Lab, e.g. cleaning
- Ensuring processes are undertaken in accordance with the approved Quality Processes.
The ideal candidate to join our team should have:
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing mechanical-electrical devices production environment
- Experience in line work
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and dexterity to handle and assemble very small parts in a fast-paced, repetitive manner
- Be comfortable communicating in English. Dutch language is not required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Self-motivated, flexible and cooperative.
- Demonstrated decision making skills and effective problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of correct machine set-up and operation to meet quality and efficiency standards
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- An excellent work ethic.
- Willingness to work in shifts with some flexibility.
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Previous experience working with ISO quality systems, particularly ISO 13485, or GMP
- Experience with scaling up production
What we offer
In addition to working on a ground breaking new product, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team; all ideas are welcomed and great work is rewarded. We’re also offering:
- A very competitive salary + an additional 8% holiday pay (paid annually)
- 25 days holiday per year (pro rata) + up to 13 ADV (time for time) days per year
- Defined benefit pension
- Disability insurance
- Full time (40 hours per week) 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Contribution towards commuting costs
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
- Informal dress code
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Recently voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover we have a word hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to email@example.com stating that you are applying for the position of Production Supervisor. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Keywords: Productieleider/ Production Supervisor / Plaatsen van elektronica onderdelen / solderen van elektronica onderdelen/ montage van fijn mechanische onderdelen
Agencies: Please note ViCentra is committed to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do however work with an approved list of preferred suppliers but in line with our Preferred Supplier List we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and a position has formally been placed with the agency by a member of the HR team. We do not pay fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to ViCentra or ViCentra employees. Where this is not observed ViCentra reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.