Due to growth we’re seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join our innovative team in Utrecht and play an integral role in changing the face of our industry. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We also believe our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide a fun, inspiring and supportive work environment.
A key member of the R&D team, you will be responsible for the design and development of new medical devices focused on diabetes care. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact within a small, motivated team with duties including:
- Design and development of innovative medical devices from concept to manufacturing.
- Prototyping, testing and reporting throughout the development life cycle.
- Process development and optimisation of new manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Write procedures and be able to give instructions to production for new products or assemblies.
- Taking some management responsibility for work undertaken by Technicians.
- Communicating clearly and efficiently with management, peers and vendors.
- Keeping current with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Perform necessary GMP process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support the on-boarding of new processes.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with the approved Quality Processes.
- Working autonomously, at times, structuring your own deliverables.
- Apply for amendments to Quality Controlled Documents as required
The ideal candidate to join our team should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in an applicable product development role
- Knowledge of the manufacture of small parts (fine mechanical engineering)
- Strong SolidWorks experience/proficiency
- A high level of self-motivation and drive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Dutch language is not required.
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Previous experience within the medical device industry
- Mechanical-electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of injection moulding
What we offer
In addition to developing ground breaking products, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team; all ideas are welcomed and great work is rewarded. We’re also offering:
- A very competitive salary
- Competitive relocation package and assistance
- Assistance for 30% ruling application if applicable
- 37 days holiday per year (pro rata) + 5 optional purchase days
- Full time (40 hours per week) 8 hours per day to be worked anytime between 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Contribution towards commuting costs
- A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
- Free, on-site parking
- Social events and team lunches
- Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
- Informal dress code
- Meaningful work with the opportunity to make a difference
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Recently voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover, we have a word hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you are applying for the position of Senior Design Engineer. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Agencies: Please note ViCentra is committed to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do however work with an approved list of preferred suppliers but in line with our Preferred Supplier List we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and a position has formally been placed with the agency by a member of the HR team. We do not pay fees where speculative and unsolicited CV’s are submitted to ViCentra or ViCentra employees. Where this is not observed ViCentra reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.